Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Spring Wedding Inspiration Shoot

It’s about time I finally shared this gorgeous inspiration shoot designed and executed by my friend, and insanely talented photographer, Tonya of Tonya Joy Photography. She should really go into the event styling arena as she has such a gift for beautiful and romantic details. She put this shoot together as part of her photography workshop last year sometime… I don’t even remember when it was – although it was sometime during the late spring/early summer. I just remember it was a beautiful day with many lovely ladies shooting Tonya’s inspired setting. I spent the afternoon sitting in the shade having great conversations with the mom of one of our gorgeous models. It was a lot of fun and I’m excited to see what Tonya comes up with next. No doubt it will be extremely feminine, highly romantic, and on the softer side of the design spectrum.

I went BIG with these arrangements. A cascading bridal bouquet, an abundant centerpiece, and other fun details you’ll see in the photos. I love this soft spring palette, especially with all the spring flowers I got to work with, garden roses (some from the actual garden), ranunculus, columbine, gloriosa lilies, grape vine I cut from down the street, peonies, etc. Making that bouquet almost took down the vases in my studio, it was so big.

I hope you enjoy these photos! You can also see more on 100 Layer Cake as it was featured there last year, which is always such a treat. :-)

2 OakandtheOwl _Spring Wedding

3 OakandtheOwl_Peonies and Ranunculus

4 OakandtheOwl _ Garden Style Florals

4 Garden Style Floral Design

5 OakandtheOwl_ Spring Invitation Suite

7 OakandtheOwl_ Vintage Pressed Glass Goblets

8 OakandtheOwl_ Kirstie Kelly Wedding Gowns

9 Spring Garden Wedding

10 OakandtheOwl_ Cascading Bouquet

11 Pink Bike Wedding Prop

12 OakandtheOwl _ Pink Bicycle

13 OakandtheOwl_ Kirstie Kelly Wedding

14 OakandtheOwl _ Film Photography

15 OakandtheOwl_ Cascading Garden Bouquet

Vendor Credits

Photography & Styling: Tonya Joy

Venue: Lemonia Grove private estate in Corona, CA

Hair & Makeup: Nicole Deanne

Floral design: Oak and The Owl

Invitation Design: Rachelle from Wiley Valentine

Furniture & China: Vintage / Glassware, Silverware, & Cake Stand: Layla Grayce

Cake: My Sweet and Saucy

Dresses: Kirstie Kelly

Headpieces: Lacielle Roselle

No comments:

Post a Comment